Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Red

A vivacious colour to indicate love and danger.



This is the vibrant entrance to an art studio I visited when I was in Mendocino. The gorgeous painting hanging on the red door and the other one just within the doorway are both by Shiloh Sophia McCloud. All I could say upon entering was "wow." The name of the studio is Wisdom House Gallery. Below is the sign at the beginning of the walkway that leads to the studio. If you have some time visit her web site here and check out more of her artwork. Besides selling paintings she also has cards and journals, which better fit my budget.




Lastly I couldn't resist also sharing this photo I took at the Mendocino Coastal Botanical Gardens. A cypress tree fell down 4 years ago and they saved the wood and then had a group called the Friends of the Garden Woodworkers build several chairs. They then invited local artists to enhance the chairs with color and designs. There were about 7 chairs displayed and all were for sale. This chair was going for $250.00.

7 comments:

Diana said...

I want I want I want. All he shots are Gorgeous!

Beverley Todd said...

Oh my! Gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

I want that chair!!!!

Sue said...

Super red chair :-) Love the artist too . . . just my style :-)

Sue

Unknown said...

Love the door and the chair - stunning.

hannah said...

I WANT THAT CHAIR..........NOW!
Great shots love the art xx

maz said...

That artist's studio would draw me in if I was lucky enough to pass. And that chair- LOVE it!