Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Charity

Charity. Generosity, willingness to give. A nobility of thought or actions. Show us charity in your space...



I really like giving things away. I much prefer to give stuff away then to sell it. I have been giving things away left and right the past several months too. Some stuff has been donated to Salvation Army. I also have a friend who met a woman who had recently moved from Las Vegas to a town near us that gets lots of snow. She didn't even have a jacket - just a sweater - and was so unprepared to live in such cold weather. I gave her a huge bag of really nice warm clothing, scarves, hats and such. I am blessed with an abundance of such stuff and it does my heart good to see someone who really needs it put it to good use. I also have been giving away baby furniture, clothing, shoes and toys to a couple of family members with babies and a co-worker who is expecting. It feels great to pass things along that people can use right now.

7 comments:

etteY said...

great shot! :)

Jolanda said...

Great goal to give soemthing to. We donate clothes as well......

Deanne said...

I always wait for our local salvation army to pop round, and fill a bag and pop an amount in an envelope.
They helped my Mum alot when she was a child (bad childhood), they really are an amazing charity.
Great take on the prompt x

Tunners on Tour said...

Great cause. It feels so good to donate. x

Sue said...

They helped my Mum set up house for us when she left my Dad. The Salvation Army have a special place in my heart.

Great take on today's prompt :-)

Sue

Bambi said...

good for you! i also give away clothes and shoes and toys (^_^)

Zoe said...

I always take our unwanted stuff the the local charity shop - seems stupid to it away when it might be useful to someone else - always makes it easier for me to have a sort out too!!