Sunday, January 13, 2008

SOS

I decided to travel back in time. Back to April of 1994 to be exact. I was studying in the south of France at the time and during one of our breaks I traveled with two other students to Morocco. We took a train all the way through Spain and then a ferry across to Algiers. We had some contacts and families to connect with in Morocco and that definitely created an amazing trip for us. We visited Algiers, Fez, Casablanca, Rabat, Sale and Marrakech. We stayed with families most of the time. We ate the most amazing food. We experienced the celebration held for a couple before they depart on their once in a life time visit to Mecca - the Haj. We also were invited to a wedding. Here are four photos from some of that visit.


Market in Fez


Hassan II Mosque in Casablanca


Ceremony to prepare for the trip to Mecca.


The wedding couple being carried as the ceremony begins.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos... each and every one of them :D